Wes Ashton is Co-Founder and Director of Growth Strategy at Harbourfront Wealth Management, overseeing advisors across Harbourfront’s Canadian branches.
In addition to his corporate role, he’s an active Portfolio Manager and the principal of Habrourfront’s largest client practice overseeing $355 million in assets. Wes specializes in defensive portfolio construction as well as trusts and tax minimization planning. He manages retail client portfolios for the High Net Worth, as well as pension funds.
In addition to sitting on Harbourfont’s Investment Committee, Wes holds the CIM (Chartered Investment Manager) designation as well as the FCSI (Fellow of the Canadian Securities Institute) designation.
– Wealth Professional Canada “Top 50 Advisors” in Canada for 2019, 2020
– Nominated for Wealth Professional Awards “Advisor of the Year” for 2018, 2019
– Member of the Chairman’s Club 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019,2020
– Wes has delivered several wealth management lectures over the years for industry professionals and other entrepreneurs including being a guest speaker at the Telus Agency Summit and Private Wealth Vancouver Forum
– Wes has been featured in various media sources including “Business In Vancouver/Roundhouse Radio”, Mornings with Glen Valaitis, and Advisors Edge Magazine, and The Globe and Mail.
– Wes’ philanthropic endeavors include educating students through Junior Achievement BC, supporting the Ronald McDonald House and BC Children’s Hospital