Investors who only have access to publicly traded securities experience the typical day-to-day volatility of public markets. Instead of competing for the same 1,500 publicly traded companies, clients gain exposure to private companies. Private businesses in the U.S. outnumber public companies 6,749 to 1 (Source: McKinsey and Company, Oct. 20, 2021. Reports of corporates’ demise have been greatly exaggerated; ICSID.org, Nov. 6, 2021, How many private businesses are there in the United States?). What used to be long term, illiquid investments, private securities can now offer diversified product offerings, diversified liquidity, and flexibility that complements a portfolio.
What are AMMPS?
Accessible Multi-Manager Private Securities (AMMPS) are a family of structured pools offered by Harbourfront Wealth Management Inc. AMMPS provide clients with access to diversified, multi-manager solutions, including a variety of private securities.
Consisting of investments in leading Canadian and American private securities including private credit, private equity, and private real estate, AMMPS give Harbourfront clients access to investments typically made available to pension funds or other institutional investors. These uniquely structured private pools help capture returns during periods of market growth and preserve capital during market volatility. As a result, clients can benefit from a more stable and balanced portfolio with diversified liquidity, diversified risk, and diversified returns.
Harbourfront’s AMMPS are defined by six key attributes:
- Access: Access to select institutional quality pension-style investment strategies typically closed to non-institutional investors.
- Structure: Uniquely structured and diversified across a large roster of sub-advisors.
- Strategy: Composition and assembly primarily consisting of diversified, sub-advised pools.
- Multi-Manager: A curated selection of institutional grade managers to capture returns during periods of market growth and preserve capital during market volatility.
- Multi-Sector Diversification: Diversification within each asset class in leading Canadian and American private assets.
- Risk Management: Institutional grade risk management controls with a holdings-based approach.
AMMPS: An Evolution of the Fund of Funds
AMMPS use our best-in-class thinking to uniquely structure pools of private securities using an institutional approach. That means using the risk analysis, composition, approach, and structure to create a product that amplifies these features. This isn’t just product that we’ve put on the shelf, it’s our custom blend.
Harbourfront offers three AMMPS in private equity, private credit, and private real estate. Harbourfront Wealth Management Inc. is the exclusive distributor of AMMPS available through its affiliated Investment Fund Manager, Willoughby Asset Management Inc. AMMPS are available to accredited investors through registered portfolio managers Harbourfront clients can contact one of our advisors today to learn more about AMMPS and how they can benefit your investment portfolio.
Pension and endowments funds have been investing in private securities for decades. In 2018, Harbourfront built and launched Canada's first AMMPS, to make private securities ‘retail friendly'.”
~ Danny Popescu, CEO Harbourfront