Who we are:
Harbourfront Wealth Management Inc. is a dynamic industry leader specializing in financial services and wealth management. We are a fast-growing firm and a IIROC registered securities dealer. The firm provides financial services and holistic wealth management solutions for mid to high-net-worth individuals. At Harbourfront Wealth Management Inc., our core values start with the belief that great people make great companies. Our head office is in downtown Vancouver with over 20 branches across Canada.
We currently have a permanent full-time career opportunity for a Senior Vice President, Corporate Development to join our team. This role plays an integral and crucial role in supporting the continued rapid growth of Harbourfront Wealth Management. This role is offered as a hybrid-remote role with flexibility on location within Canada. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Head of Corporate Development, this position demands a confident personality with a proven sales ability. The successful candidate must be dependable, flexible, self-motivated, possess excellent communication skills and a strong work ethic.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and assessing the company’s key strategic priorities to recruit Investment Advisors;
- Collaborating closely with the Senior Vice President, Head of Corporate Development to help support potential new recruits through our offer process from initial contact to onboarding;
- Acting as a brand ambassador for Harbourfront. Effectively and positively sharing the vison, story and goals for the firm;
- Providing high-level guidance as required, to the Transitions Department to facilitate the efficient transfer of assets and revenues;
- Drafting, creating, and implementing drip marketing strategies through various social media platforms to create a pipeline of qualified candidates;
- Partnering with the Corporate Development team to exchange ideas and share best practices;
- Targeting the successful recruitment of 4 to 6 qualified Investment Advisors per year;
- Providing feedback on the recruiting marketing strategy, implement new processes as required to support reaching the company’s onboarding goals;
- Continually building and expanding your network internally and externally, solicit referrals from recruited IAs to build scale;
The ideal candidate for this position has:
- 5+ years working within the wealth management industry, preferably at an CIRO registered firm;
- Outstanding relationship management capabilities with strong analytical, marketing, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Solid knowledge of the Wealth Management industry with deep understanding around the roles and responsibilities of Investment Advisors;
- A strong industry network resulting in referrals, and increased business opportunities;
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including but not limited to; Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
- Has a proven ability to take initiative and will possess exceptional communication & presentation skills;
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and the Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH) is considered an asset;
- Willing to travel up to 50% of time;
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity is an important value to us. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to providing a workplace which is free from discrimination and harassment. This means that all job applicants and employees will receive equal treatment regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origins, sex, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.