Website Harbourfront Wealth Management
Who we are:
Harbourfront Wealth Management Inc. is a dynamic industry leader specializing in financial services and wealth management. We are a fast-growing employee-owned firm and IIROC registered securities dealer. The firm provides financial services and holistic wealth management solutions for mid to high-net-worth individuals which includes customized, back-tested portfolio construction, financial income and cash flow audits, pension style asset management, and tax & trusts solutions. At Harbourfront Wealth Management, our core values start with the belief that great people make great companies. Our head office is in downtown Vancouver with over 20 branches across Canada.
We currently have a career opportunity for an Operations Associate to join our Operations Team, responsible for accurately processing account opening, other related business documentation and responding to client requests efficiently. This role will be located at our head office in Vancouver, BC. We are looking for a highly motivated, high performing, results driven candidate who will report to the Senior Manager, Operations & Transitions. This highly motivated candidate must take personal responsibility for building solid relationships and must have a passion for providing high quality customer service.
- Review incoming documentation for new account opening and account update requests to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Identify account documentation deficiencies and notify the advisory teams for timely resolution
- Conduct timely follow-ups on documentation deficiencies as necessary to ensure prompt resolution
- Initiate escalation protocols as necessary to achieve timely resolution of outstanding documentation deficiencies
- Update daily tracker on volume of account documentation being processed
- Assist with uploading account documentation as necessary
- Monitor mailboxes and respond to incoming service inquiries within established service standards
- Assist with handling rejected or declined new account opening requests by external processing agent (NBIN)
- Assist with updating database of all new account and update requests on pending tracker as necessary
- Work in tandem with Advisor Transition Team to improve and/or minimize account documentation deficiencies
- Keep up to date on all procedural and documentation requirement changes
- Participate in team meetings to address ongoing processing issues and help make improvements
- Other duties and projects as requested
Ideal candidate qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge of various registered and non-registered account types and documentation requirements on account opening
- 1-3 years of administrative experience, back-office experience in an MFDA/IIROC firm environment strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multitask, work within time constraints and follow-up
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and professionalism
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, results driven, thrives within a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of National Bank Independent Network back-office process and various applications
- Experience working with a Securities Brokerage firm
Why it is great to work at Harbourfront:
Harbourfront offers our team members a dynamic, collaborative and family-focused environment. In addition to a competitive base salary, we provide:
- Amazing opportunities for personal growth and development
- A generous vacation allotment
- A competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits
- A supportive, engaging, tight-knit culture
- Flexible work arrangements
Harbourfront Culture Principles:
- We respond quickly and effectively to changes in the marketplace and seize new opportunities.
- We trust each other and work in unison towards a common objective.
- We prioritize clients’ needs.
- We are encouraged to act, have a bias for urgency, a focus on solutions and are proud of our results.
- We pioneer novel products and services.
- We consistently act honestly and ethically.
- We are rewarded for our results and development opportunities exist for all employees.
- We treat each other with dignity and kindness.
- We hold ourselves and each other accountable and say what needs to be said in a timely and respectful manner.
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity is an important value to us. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to providing a workplace which is free from discrimination and harassment. This means that all job applicants and employees will receive equal treatment regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origins, sex, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief.
Please send a copy of your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.