Website Harbourfront Wealth Management
Harbourfront Wealth Management is an industry leader and a rapidly growing organization that’s looking for an In-House Legal Counsel.
Reporting to the CFO and COO, in this role you will be responsible for delivering high quality legal advice and the preparation and review of legal documentation and agreements. Effective communication skills, self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within an entrepreneurial team environment are essential attributes required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide timely, proactive and solution-oriented legal advice to all business units.
- Draft, review and provide legal advice in relation to certain of the Company’s Advisor contracts.
- Develop and implement checklists, protocols and template agreements for a variety of contracts.
- Review and participate in the negotiation of agreements with third parties, including supplier contracts, consultant contracts and premises leases.
- Participate in the definition, development and drafting of corporate policies, procedures and programs to support the business units.
- Liaison with external legal specialists
- Research international securities legislation where required.
- Keep abreast of changes in applicable securities laws and regulatory requirements relating to securities brokerage issues and investment fund management; assist with creation of programs and procedures relating to existing and new requirements.
- Recommend risk management methods
- Lead corporate activities relating to any legal actions involving the Corporate Group.
- Oversee preparation and maintenance of corporate documents, filings and registrations and the corporate records books of all entities in the Corporate Group.
- Provide legal advice on document and record retention requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification and Experience:
- Law degree obtained from recognized law school
- 5-7 years continuous experience: candidates must be either a practicing lawyer in British Columbia, or alternatively candidates can achieve practicing status within a certain period of time of starting with Harbourfront
- Demonstrated experience successfully providing counsel to all levels of personnel in corporations
- Corporate secretary experience
- Experience in the Financial Services: specifically, experience with IIROC and the provincial securities commissions is highly beneficial
- Litigation experience is advantageous
Competencies & Attributes:
- High degree of professional ethics, confidentiality, discretion and integrity
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated research abilities
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Superior interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills and an established record of providing proactive, business friendly advice
This is a permanent full-time position with a highly competitive compensation (package commensurate with experience) and a comprehensive suite of benefits.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.