Who we are:
Harbourfront Wealth Management Inc. is a dynamic industry leader specializing in financial services and wealth management. We are a fast-growing firm and a IIROC registered securities dealer. The firm provides financial services and holistic wealth management solutions for mid to high-net-worth individuals. At Harbourfront Wealth Management Inc., our core values start with the belief that great people make great companies. Our head office is in downtown Vancouver with over 20 branches across Canada.
There is an opportunity to join a fast-growing and innovative financial planning firm as an Associate, Tax Support & Tax Division Management, based out of Saskatoon, Sk. We serve clients throughout Canada in all areas of wealth management and full financial planning including insurance, debt planning, accounting and tax advisory, as well as investments alongside Precedence Capital – Harbourfront Wealth Management.
The successful candidate will have strong and professional communication skills and the ability to adapt easily to different technology and software solutions. Strong organization and management skills are a requirement as this candidate will support the heavy workload during tax season. This candidate will have the ability to prioritize and work under pressure with tight deadlines.
You will be responsible for:
Tax Deductible Mortgage Strategy (TDMS) Support:
- Preparing annual TDMS reporting and illustrations for clients
- Assisting with new TDMS reporting and illustrations for new prospective clients
- Preparing the TDMS tax files for upcoming client T1 filings
- Ongoing communication with clients to obtain missing information and to address any questions they may have from their annual reviews
- Assisting with mortgage file submissions for clients through our private banking relationships
- Assisting with TDMS cash flow adjustments as required (rising interest rates, mortgage renewals, refinances, etc.)
- Providing general administrative support needs to the TDMS division
Tax & Accounting Support
- Assisting with obtaining client tax and bookkeeping information for the upcoming tax season.
- Assisting with preparing the tax files for client T1 filings
- Ongoing communication with clients to obtain missing information and to address any questions they may have about the T1 filing process
- Saving pertinent data and information within client files with respect to their T1 filings
- Adding information to our Client Relationship Management software reflecting the details of the current client T1 filings
- Providing general support to the Tax & Accounting Division
The ideal candidate for this position has:
- Minimum 2 years experience in a Tax Support position, preferably within the Financial Services Industry
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office particularly Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Adept experience with Adobe and DocuSign
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, work within time constraints and follow-up
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and identify opportunities to add value
- Strong organizational skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate a professional and friendly manner
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity is an important value to us. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to providing a workplace which is free from discrimination and harassment. This means that all job applicants and employees will receive equal treatment regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origins, sex, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.