Website Harbourfront Wealth Management / Strategic Private Wealth Counsel
Who we are:
Tired of working in an environment that “brands” itself as a wealth manager but unfortunately doesn’t truly define it? Strategic Private Wealth Counsel (SPWC) is an established, award-winning private wealth management practice that works closely with their clients, providing all aspects of financial planning and wealth management services: retirement planning, estate & tax management, insurance & risk analysis, portfolio construction, cash flow management.
Offering specialized investment and asset allocation solutions, SPWC aims to change retirement for Canadians. Benefitting from their partnership with Harbourfront Wealth Management, a dynamic industry leader and fast-growing employee-owned firm and IIROC registered securities dealer that offers independence and autonomy, they customize “tailored” financial services and holistic wealth management solutions for high-net-worth individuals. Their core values start with the belief that great people make great companies.
We currently have a career opportunity for an Advisor & Operations Associate reporting to the Senior Advisor and the SPWC Director of Operations; this role can be based in either our South Surrey or Kelowna office.
The role requires an individual who is professional, detail oriented, independent, organized and effective at multi-tasking, with strong communication and people skills. Candidates must be versatile and capable of performing a variety of tasks to get the job done in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail is of the upmost importance. Depending on experience and knowledge, the core responsibilities of the role will be, but not limited to:
• Foster a “team first” environment and have the ability to work well with colleagues
• Be adaptable and open to working in an environment that is fluid
• Be prepared to contribute their ideas to further enhance the existing team structure
• Assist with client servicing and file management, including analysis and planning
• Communicate with clients to gather data and Build Personal Financial Plans
• Provide administrative and marketing support, and other duties as assigned
Ideal candidate qualifications:
• At least 2 years of experience in a professional, client facing environment in the financial services industry, preferably in Advisor Assistant or Junior Associate role
• Securities license and CFP designation required
• Strong computer skills, highly proficient with Microsoft Office suite and PDF software
• Ability to learn new programs, i.e., DocuSign, Salesforce, proprietary client management systems
• Experience with NaviPlan or other financial planning software is required
• Previous experience with Morningstar or YCharts is an asset
• LLQP, IFIC, CSC/CPH, CIM, QAFP are assets
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment is required
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, independent with a strong sense of initiative
• Strong work ethic with a team-first mindset
• Ability to receive and integrate performance feedback in a continuous improvement culture
• Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, results driven, thrives within a fast-paced environment
Why it is great to work at Strategic Private Wealth Counsel/Harbourfront:
Our environment offers our team members a dynamic, collaborative and family-focused environment. We provide:
• Opportunities for personal growth and career development
• A competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package
• 3 weeks of vacation
• A supportive, engaging, tight-knit culture
SPWC/Harbourfront Culture Principles:
• We respond quickly and effectively to changes in the marketplace and seize new opportunities.
• We trust each other and work in unison towards a common objective.
• We prioritize clients’ needs.
• We are encouraged to act, have a bias for urgency, a focus on solutions and are proud of our results.
• We pioneer industry leading products and services.
• We consistently act honestly and ethically.
• We are rewarded for our results and development opportunities exist for all employees.
• We treat each other with dignity and kindness.
• We hold ourselves and each other accountable and say what needs to be said in a timely and respectful manner.
If this role is a fit for you, apply now! Please send your resume and cover letter.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.